Easy Peasy Bubble Braid Tutorial!
Hello! Hello! Helllllooooooooooooooo!
Today I'm going to teach you how to do this side bubble braid! Not a good braider?
Not. A. Problem.
This one just so happens to be a super easy peasy and ANYONE can do it! <3
Here's what you'll need:
*small hair elastic bands
*bobby pins (optional)
How to do a bubble braid:
1. Gather a small section of hair from the top of the crown and tie it in a ponytail using a small elastic band.
2. Clip the first ponytail up (or have someone hold onto it like we did!) just to get it out of the way and tie a second ponytail under the first. Take hair from both sides, but make sure your ponytail is pulled to the side you wanted the braid on.
3. Release the top ponytail and divide it in half into 2 sections.
4. Bring the second ponytail up through the split and clip it up out of the way.
5. Tie a third ponytail under the second. This time, incorporate the ends from the first ponytail.
6. Release the second ponytail and divide it in half.
7. Bring the third ponytail up through the split and clip it out of the way. Now you are ready to tie your next ponytail, incorporating the ends from the second ponytail. Keep working in this manner down to the nape.
8. When you reach the nape, tie your final ponytail incorporating the remainder of your hair. This concludes the “French” section of the braid and now we will continue with a regular pull through braid without incorporating hair.
9. Release the top ponytail (the one you had clipped up) and tie a hair elastic about 2 inches lower than the previous elastic.
10. Use your fingers to split that section and create an opening. Pull the ponytail on the bottom through the opening so now it becomes the top ponytail. Repeat this step to the ends.
11. Finish the braid by tying one last hair elastic around all of the ends.
12. Ok you guys -- this is when the magic happens!!! Gently tug on both sides of the braid to make it wider and messier!!! It will also help cover the rubber bands.
13. Finish off the look with some of my favorite -- the Refinish Hair Spray!
ENJOY! If you end up trying this braid, let me know by tagging me on Instagram @RachelValabek
PS: this is our first tutorial so please be kind!Next time i'll make sure I look happier for screenshots and take pictures of each individual step.